Baguette – sourdough based
Crusty and special bread application based on sourdough, using Florapan® Starter Cultures and Lal^Ferm® NO1.
Information provided is only standard guidelines. Calculations are approximate; the proposed recipes and directions might need to be adjusted to suite other ingredients brands, equipment and bakery’s conditions.
Our Technical Support Team can help you customize the dosage for your own formulation.
|Name||lbs.||oz||% (bakers percent)||kg|
|Wheat Flour 550 or T55||1.3||7.5||0.75|
|Wheat Flour 1050 or T105||1.3||7.5||0.75|
|Florapan® Starter Culture*||0.0026||0.015||0.0015 (1.5 gram)|
|Wheat flour 550 or T55||22.0||100||10|
*Select Florapan® Starter Culture based on desired taste & aroma profile
- Mix Florapan® Starter Culture with the water and flour
- Sourdough fermentation 77 – 86°F / 25 – 28°C, 18 – 24 hours
Note: Florapan® Starter Culture L77 requires a shorter fermentation of 5 – 8 hours
Preparation DOUGH :
- Mix until obtaining a well developed dough
- Desired dough temperature 82 – 86°F / 28 – 30°C
- Bulk fermentation 2×30 minutes (turn and fold in between)
- Scale desired weight
- Dough rest for 15 minutes
- Mold in baguette shape
- 60 – 90 minutes final proof at 86 – 90°F / 30 – 32°C, 80% RH
- Bake 20 – 25 min at 450°F / 230°C, with steam