Sweet dough application based on sourdough fermentation using Florapan® Starter Cultures L73 or L77 and Lal^Ferm® NO1.
Depending on desired fermentation time and taste & aroma profile, select the right Florapan® Starter Culture.
Brioche is an enriched French bread, where the addition of butter and eggs, gives the bread a very fine, very soft crumb and an almost flaky texture, and turns the crust into a dark golden color after baking.
Information provided is only standard guidelines. Calculations are approximate; the proposed recipes and directions might need to be adjusted to suite other ingredients brands, equipment and bakery’s conditions.
Our Technical Support Team can help you customize the dosage for your own formulation.
|Name||lbs.||oz||% (bakers percent)||kg|
|Flour 550 or T55||2.75||12.5||1.25|
|Florapan® Starter Culture L73 OR L77||0.0028||0.013||0.0013 (1.3 gram)|
|Wheat flour 550 or T55||22.0||100||10|
*Select Florapan® Starter Culture based on desired taste & aroma profile
Preparation SOURDOUGH L73:
- Mix Florapan® Starter Culture L73 with the water and flour
- Sourdough fermentation 82 – 86°F / 28 – 30°C, 18 – 24 hours
Preparation SOURDOUGH L77:
- Mix Florapan® Starter Culture L77 with the water and flour
- Sourdough fermentation 82 – 86°F / 28 – 30°C, 5 – 8 hours
Preparation DOUGH :
- Mix the dough for 2 minutes on slow speed, and 4 minutes on second speed
- Add the butter, mix 1 minute on slow speed, and 5-7 minutes on second speed
- Desired dough temperature 77 – 81°F / 25 – 27°C
- Scale 450 gram (1.0 lbs.)
- Dough rest for 10 minutes
- Final proof 100 – 120 minutes at 93°F / 32°C, RH 80%
- Bake 20 – 25 minutes at 450°F / 230°C, with steam
Yield: 50 breads