Crusty and special straight dough bread application based on Florapan® Aromatic yeasts and Lal^Ferm® NO1.
Ciabatta is a crusty, white bread, best eaten fresh. Ciabatta means slipper in Italian because the loaf is made in the shape of a slipper. Exceptionally light with a moist, airy interior and a crisp crust dusted with flour. Perfect as an accompaniment to soups and salads or dunked in olive oil.
Information provided is only standard guidelines. Calculations are approximate; the proposed recipes and directions might need to be adjusted to suite other ingredients brands, equipment and bakery’s conditions.
Our Technical Support Team can help you customize the dosage for your own formulation.
|Name||lbs.||oz||% (bakers percent)||kg|
|Wheat Flour 550 or T55||22||100||10.0|
|Florapan® Aromatic yeast*||0.22 - 0.33||1.0 - 1.5||0.1 - 0.15|
*Select Florapan® Aromatic Yeast(s) on desired taste & aroma profile
Preparation DOUGH :
- Mix the dough for 10 minutes on slow speed with 80% of the water amount, and 4 minutes on second speed with the last 20% of the water
- Desired dough temperature 81 – 86°F / 27 – 30°C
- Add the olive oil to the dough
- Bulk fermentation 2×40 minutes (turn and fold in between)
- Divide in the desired weight
- 0 – 20 minutes final proof at 93°F / 34°C, 80% RH
- Bake 20 – 25 min at 450°F / 230°C, with steam