Crusty and special bread application using Fermaid® XTR and Lal^Ferm® products.
Fermaid® XTR is a complete conditioner for improving dough stability, machinability, loaf volume, crumb structure, and softness of various breads produced by different processes. Fermaid® XTR can be used in all types of yeast raised bread products like a French baguette.
A French baguette is a crusty, white bread, best eaten fresh. Exceptionally light with a moist, airy interior and a crisp crust dusted with flour. Perfect as an accompaniment to soups and salads or dunked in olive oil.
|Name||lbs.||oz||% (bakers percent)||kg|
|Strong Bakers Flour||22||100||10.000|
|Lal^Ferm® Fresh Bakers Yeast||0||10.5||3||0.300|
- Mix all ingredients for 3 minutes on low speed, then 8 minutes on high speed or until dough is fully developed
- Bulk fermentation for 30 minutes in a closed oiled container
- Gently spread dough on a flour dusted surface with dusting flour and cut to desired shape and size
- Rest for 20 minutes and shape into baguette form
- Dry proof for 30 minutes and bake at 440°F / 225°C for 20-25 minutes depending on the size