Soft Bread Sticks
Fermaid® XTR is a complete conditioner for improving dough stability, machinability, loaf volume, crumb structure, and softness of various breads produced by different processes. Fermaid® XTR can be used in all types of yeast raised bread products like bread sticks.
Bread sticks are long, thin pieces of crispy, dry bread that can be baked plain, just seasoned with salt or flavored with garlic, sesame seeds, poppy seeds, honey, paprika flakes, caramelized onions, herbs like rosemary
|Name||lbs.||oz||% (bakers percent)||kg|
|Instant Yeast, Instaferm Red||N/A||N/A||0.7||N/A|
- Mixing: 2 minutes on low speed, 8 minutes on high
- Resting: 15 minutes at room
- Moulding: Scale 50 g dough pieces and round them by Rest for 7 minutes before shaping them into cylinder shape of 15 cm long.
- Proofing: Proof for 30 minutes in proof box at 112° F and 88% H.
- Baking: Bake in Doyon oven 450ºF for 8 minutes with steam at the beginning of the baking.
- Storing: Baked bread sticks are stored
Functional Performance of LBI 2533:
Tests show that a Soft Bread Stick containing 1.0 % LBI 2533 (based on baker’s percent) offers the following benefits:
- a dough which is less elastic, more extensible and easier to shape
- a dough which has a higher water absorption, thus a higher yield
- a soft bread stick which has an enhanced cheesy, fermented flavor and aroma
- a soft bread stick which is softer and less tough after reheating from frozen in the microwave