Fermaid® XTR is a complete conditioner for improving dough stability, machinability, loaf volume, crumb structure, and softness of various breads produced by different processes. Fermaid® XTR can be used in all types of yeast raised bread products like croissants.
Croissants, named for its distinctive crescent shape, are made from sweet folded pastry, containing a high real butter component, resulting in lovely, light flaky layers of pastry. It can be enjoyed as a sweet or savoury snack.
|Name||lbs.||oz||% (bakers percent)||kg|
|Strong Bakers Flour||22||100||10.000|
- Mix all ingredients for 2 minutes on low speed, then 8 minutes on high speed or until dough is fully developed
- Divide into 4kg (8 lb 12 oz) dough slabs and add 1 kg (2 lb 3 oz) of butter to every slab
- Lamination: once double turn, refrigerate for 2 hours; then one single turn, refrigerate for 1 hour
- Sheet dough, divide into triangles and shape into croissants
- Proof 1 hour and bake at 365°F / 185°C for 12-15 minutes